Samjhauta blast: Notice to Aseemanand
Chandigarh: On a petition filed by National
Investigation Agency challenging the verdict of its special court in Samjhauta Express blast case, Punjab and Haryana High
Court issued a notice to accused Aseemanand for November 8.
The special NIA court had on August 17 ordered the
matching of the samples got at the site of Samjhauta Express
blast with the samples of Ajmer, Hyderabad, Malegaon and
Bhodasa blasts, against which Aseemanand had filed a petition
in the High Court alleging that under the garb of matching of
the samples, NIA wanted to trap him.
The High Court, while maintaining the order of special
court, had ordered that the samples be matched in the
presence of lawyers of Aseemanand.
In the petition filed today, NIA told the court that
after passing of the order by the High Court on September 20
and 21, a team of C.F.S.L, along with the lawyers of
Aseemanand, reached the NIA camp office at Panchkula but
the seals of samples were not opened by C.F.S.L team.
It was stated that as per the C.F.S.L team, the
samples of Ajmer, Hyderabad , Malegaon and Bhodasa blast could
be only examined in the lab in Hyderabad as for such
examination the required facility of chemicals and
instrumental facility is available only in Hyderabad.
It was contended that there was no provision in Cr.P.C
and NIA Act with regard to the presence of defense lawyers
at the time of matching of the samples and as such the order
was agianst the provisions of law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday