Sect head coughs up Rs 10 lakh for fancy number in Punjab
Chandigarh: A sect head coughed up a whopping Rs 10 lakh to procure a registration number for a SUV during an auction held here for the fancy numbers.
Mahant Chotu Nath paid Rs 10.05 lakh for CH 01 AR 0001 registration number for Audi Q7 SUV, Registration and Licensing Authority officials said.
The reserve price for the vanity number was Rs 25,000, they said.
At the auction held at the RLA office in Sector 17 here yesterday, Nath bought the number after outbidding seven others in the race, they said.
RLA earned nearly Rs 71 lakh from the auction for different numbers including Rs 4.20 lakh for CH 01 AR 0100, they said.
In the past as well, the craze among people for procuring fancy numbers for their luxury vehicles has fetched huge sums of money to the RLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT