Sect head coughs up Rs 10 lakh for fancy number in Punjab
Chandigarh: A sect head coughed up a whopping Rs 10 lakh to procure a registration number for a SUV during an auction held here for the fancy numbers.
Mahant Chotu Nath paid Rs 10.05 lakh for CH 01 AR 0001 registration number for Audi Q7 SUV, Registration and Licensing Authority officials said.
The reserve price for the vanity number was Rs 25,000, they said.
At the auction held at the RLA office in Sector 17 here yesterday, Nath bought the number after outbidding seven others in the race, they said.
RLA earned nearly Rs 71 lakh from the auction for different numbers including Rs 4.20 lakh for CH 01 AR 0100, they said.
In the past as well, the craze among people for procuring fancy numbers for their luxury vehicles has fetched huge sums of money to the RLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days