Sect head coughs up Rs 10 lakh for fancy number in Punjab
Chandigarh: A sect head coughed up a whopping Rs 10 lakh to procure a registration number for a SUV during an auction held here for the fancy numbers.
Mahant Chotu Nath paid Rs 10.05 lakh for CH 01 AR 0001 registration number for Audi Q7 SUV, Registration and Licensing Authority officials said.
The reserve price for the vanity number was Rs 25,000, they said.
At the auction held at the RLA office in Sector 17 here yesterday, Nath bought the number after outbidding seven others in the race, they said.
RLA earned nearly Rs 71 lakh from the auction for different numbers including Rs 4.20 lakh for CH 01 AR 0100, they said.
In the past as well, the craze among people for procuring fancy numbers for their luxury vehicles has fetched huge sums of money to the RLA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!