Six crushed to death under truck while crossing road
Chandigarh: Six persons, including two women and a child, were on Thursday crushed to death when they came under the wheels of a truck while crossing a road on Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway.
The accident occurred in Kanpur Colony in Jalandhar district`s Maqsudan area, Piara Singh, SHO of Maqsudan Police Station, said.
The driver of the truck, which was laden with construction material, hit the pedestrians crushing them to death while two others were injured, he said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who sped off after the incident, he said.
The three-wheeler driver had parked his vehicle along the roadside and had gone to fetch the passengers.
The truck driver failed to apply brakes on time resulting in the tragedy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested