Six crushed to death under truck while crossing road
Chandigarh: Six persons, including two women and a child, were on Thursday crushed to death when they came under the wheels of a truck while crossing a road on Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway.
The accident occurred in Kanpur Colony in Jalandhar district`s Maqsudan area, Piara Singh, SHO of Maqsudan Police Station, said.
The driver of the truck, which was laden with construction material, hit the pedestrians crushing them to death while two others were injured, he said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who sped off after the incident, he said.
The three-wheeler driver had parked his vehicle along the roadside and had gone to fetch the passengers.
The truck driver failed to apply brakes on time resulting in the tragedy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price