Six crushed to death under truck while crossing road
Chandigarh: Six persons, including two women and a child, were on Thursday crushed to death when they came under the wheels of a truck while crossing a road on Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway.
The accident occurred in Kanpur Colony in Jalandhar district`s Maqsudan area, Piara Singh, SHO of Maqsudan Police Station, said.
The driver of the truck, which was laden with construction material, hit the pedestrians crushing them to death while two others were injured, he said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who sped off after the incident, he said.
The three-wheeler driver had parked his vehicle along the roadside and had gone to fetch the passengers.
The truck driver failed to apply brakes on time resulting in the tragedy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen