Six crushed to death under truck while crossing road
Chandigarh: Six persons, including two women and a child, were on Thursday crushed to death when they came under the wheels of a truck while crossing a road on Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway.
The accident occurred in Kanpur Colony in Jalandhar district`s Maqsudan area, Piara Singh, SHO of Maqsudan Police Station, said.
The driver of the truck, which was laden with construction material, hit the pedestrians crushing them to death while two others were injured, he said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who sped off after the incident, he said.
The three-wheeler driver had parked his vehicle along the roadside and had gone to fetch the passengers.
The truck driver failed to apply brakes on time resulting in the tragedy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?