Six crushed to death under truck while crossing road
Chandigarh: Six persons, including two women and a child, were on Thursday crushed to death when they came under the wheels of a truck while crossing a road on Jalandhar-Pathankot national highway.
The accident occurred in Kanpur Colony in Jalandhar district`s Maqsudan area, Piara Singh, SHO of Maqsudan Police Station, said.
The driver of the truck, which was laden with construction material, hit the pedestrians crushing them to death while two others were injured, he said.
A case has been registered against the truck driver, who sped off after the incident, he said.
The three-wheeler driver had parked his vehicle along the roadside and had gone to fetch the passengers.
The truck driver failed to apply brakes on time resulting in the tragedy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past