Sukhbir reviews implementation of welfare schemes
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday reviewed all welfare schemes offered by the government and released Rs 421 crore for three schemes.
Badal chaired a meeting, which was attended by Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia, with all departments regarding implementation of various welfare schemes, a government spokesman said.
It was informed in the meeting that the state government has launched an online portal for students to apply for scholarships available to students belonging to scheduled caste, backward class and minority community, aimed at simplifying the entire process and reimbursement amounts would be directly credited to the accounts of students or institutes as applicable.
Appreciating the student friendly cyber venture of Welfare department, Sukhbir said the department should put up posters in every institute and hold camps to guide students.
Emphasising on centralised monitoring of this scheme, he said instant payment of scholarship is all set to benefit more than 80 per cent students in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS