Sukhbir reviews implementation of welfare schemes
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday reviewed all welfare schemes offered by the government and released Rs 421 crore for three schemes.
Badal chaired a meeting, which was attended by Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia, with all departments regarding implementation of various welfare schemes, a government spokesman said.
It was informed in the meeting that the state government has launched an online portal for students to apply for scholarships available to students belonging to scheduled caste, backward class and minority community, aimed at simplifying the entire process and reimbursement amounts would be directly credited to the accounts of students or institutes as applicable.
Appreciating the student friendly cyber venture of Welfare department, Sukhbir said the department should put up posters in every institute and hold camps to guide students.
Emphasising on centralised monitoring of this scheme, he said instant payment of scholarship is all set to benefit more than 80 per cent students in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!