Temperatures dip after rains lash Haryana, parts of Punjab
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Monday settled a few notches below normal level after many places in Haryana and a few areas in Punjab were lashed by rains.
Chandigarh, which received heavy overnight rains, recorded a maximum temperature of 30.8 deg C, seven notches below normal, the weather office here said.
In Haryana, Ambala`s maximum temperature dropped by nine degrees below normal to settle at 29 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 32 deg C, down nine notches while Bhiwani today recorded a high of 36 deg C.
Narnaul registered a high of 33.6 deg C, seven degrees below normal.
In Punjab, Patiala had a pleasant day at 30.6 deg C, down seven notches while Ludhiana recorded a high of 32.8 deg C.
Amritsar`s maximum was down by five notches at 34.8 deg C.
The MeT has forecast moderate to heavy rain and thunder showers are likely to occur at many places in Haryana and at a few places in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing