Temperatures dip after rains lash Haryana, parts of Punjab
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Monday settled a few notches below normal level after many places in Haryana and a few areas in Punjab were lashed by rains.
Chandigarh, which received heavy overnight rains, recorded a maximum temperature of 30.8 deg C, seven notches below normal, the weather office here said.
In Haryana, Ambala`s maximum temperature dropped by nine degrees below normal to settle at 29 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 32 deg C, down nine notches while Bhiwani today recorded a high of 36 deg C.
Narnaul registered a high of 33.6 deg C, seven degrees below normal.
In Punjab, Patiala had a pleasant day at 30.6 deg C, down seven notches while Ludhiana recorded a high of 32.8 deg C.
Amritsar`s maximum was down by five notches at 34.8 deg C.
The MeT has forecast moderate to heavy rain and thunder showers are likely to occur at many places in Haryana and at a few places in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users