Temperatures dip after rains lash Haryana, parts of Punjab
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Monday settled a few notches below normal level after many places in Haryana and a few areas in Punjab were lashed by rains.
Chandigarh, which received heavy overnight rains, recorded a maximum temperature of 30.8 deg C, seven notches below normal, the weather office here said.
In Haryana, Ambala`s maximum temperature dropped by nine degrees below normal to settle at 29 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 32 deg C, down nine notches while Bhiwani today recorded a high of 36 deg C.
Narnaul registered a high of 33.6 deg C, seven degrees below normal.
In Punjab, Patiala had a pleasant day at 30.6 deg C, down seven notches while Ludhiana recorded a high of 32.8 deg C.
Amritsar`s maximum was down by five notches at 34.8 deg C.
The MeT has forecast moderate to heavy rain and thunder showers are likely to occur at many places in Haryana and at a few places in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?