Temperatures dip after rains lash Haryana, parts of Punjab
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Monday settled a few notches below normal level after many places in Haryana and a few areas in Punjab were lashed by rains.
Chandigarh, which received heavy overnight rains, recorded a maximum temperature of 30.8 deg C, seven notches below normal, the weather office here said.
In Haryana, Ambala`s maximum temperature dropped by nine degrees below normal to settle at 29 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 32 deg C, down nine notches while Bhiwani today recorded a high of 36 deg C.
Narnaul registered a high of 33.6 deg C, seven degrees below normal.
In Punjab, Patiala had a pleasant day at 30.6 deg C, down seven notches while Ludhiana recorded a high of 32.8 deg C.
Amritsar`s maximum was down by five notches at 34.8 deg C.
The MeT has forecast moderate to heavy rain and thunder showers are likely to occur at many places in Haryana and at a few places in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon