Temperatures dip in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold and fog were back in Punjab
and Haryana Thursday where residents had been experiencing a temporary respite for a few days.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest in the two states
registering a minimum temperature of 2 degrees Celsius, three
degrees below normal, the Met office said here.
Minimum temperatures also dipped by three notches each at Hisar (4.1 deg C), Rohtak (4.5 deg C) and Bhiwani (4.6 deg C) while Karnal registered a low of 6.2 deg C.
The night temperature in Ambala, however, settled three
notches above normal at 9.2 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar experienced a cold night at 5 deg C
while Ludhiana recorded a below normal minimum at 6.3 deg C.
The minimum temperature at Adampur airbase in Jalandhar
district plummeted to 4 degrees C from yesterday`s 7.3
Patiala`s low was recorded at 7.7 deg C while Chandigarh,
where misty conditions prevailed in early morning, registered
a low of 9.2 deg C.
A few places in the region including Chandigarh, Patiala,
Mohali and Panchkula received light showers.
After a gap of a few days, fog was back at Karnal, Ambala
and Rohtak in Haryana and at Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala in
Punjab, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah