Temperatures dips, rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures fell by a few notches following snowfall in the neighbouring hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a low of 5.4 degrees celsius, down one notch, the MeT office here said.
Karnal also braved the chill recording a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ambala recorded a low of 7.9 degrees celsius.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded respective minimum temperatures of 8.2 degrees celsius and 7.5 degrees celsius.
In Punjab, the chill was back in Amritsar and Ludhiana, with both towns recording identical below normal lows of 6.8 degrees celsius each.
Patiala, too, had a cold night at 7.4 degrees celsius.
The MeT said that rains also lashed few places in the region for the second day today, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Bhiwani, Ludhiana, Mohali and Phagwara.
The minimum temperatures may fall further at few places in the two states over the next few days, the MeT added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP