Temperatures dips, rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures fell by a few notches following snowfall in the neighbouring hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a low of 5.4 degrees celsius, down one notch, the MeT office here said.
Karnal also braved the chill recording a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ambala recorded a low of 7.9 degrees celsius.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded respective minimum temperatures of 8.2 degrees celsius and 7.5 degrees celsius.
In Punjab, the chill was back in Amritsar and Ludhiana, with both towns recording identical below normal lows of 6.8 degrees celsius each.
Patiala, too, had a cold night at 7.4 degrees celsius.
The MeT said that rains also lashed few places in the region for the second day today, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Bhiwani, Ludhiana, Mohali and Phagwara.
The minimum temperatures may fall further at few places in the two states over the next few days, the MeT added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4