Temperatures dips, rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures fell by a few notches following snowfall in the neighbouring hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a low of 5.4 degrees celsius, down one notch, the MeT office here said.
Karnal also braved the chill recording a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ambala recorded a low of 7.9 degrees celsius.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded respective minimum temperatures of 8.2 degrees celsius and 7.5 degrees celsius.
In Punjab, the chill was back in Amritsar and Ludhiana, with both towns recording identical below normal lows of 6.8 degrees celsius each.
Patiala, too, had a cold night at 7.4 degrees celsius.
The MeT said that rains also lashed few places in the region for the second day today, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Bhiwani, Ludhiana, Mohali and Phagwara.
The minimum temperatures may fall further at few places in the two states over the next few days, the MeT added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday