Temperatures dips, rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures fell by a few notches following snowfall in the neighbouring hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a low of 5.4 degrees celsius, down one notch, the MeT office here said.
Karnal also braved the chill recording a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ambala recorded a low of 7.9 degrees celsius.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded respective minimum temperatures of 8.2 degrees celsius and 7.5 degrees celsius.
In Punjab, the chill was back in Amritsar and Ludhiana, with both towns recording identical below normal lows of 6.8 degrees celsius each.
Patiala, too, had a cold night at 7.4 degrees celsius.
The MeT said that rains also lashed few places in the region for the second day today, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Bhiwani, Ludhiana, Mohali and Phagwara.
The minimum temperatures may fall further at few places in the two states over the next few days, the MeT added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected