Temperatures dips, rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures fell by a few notches following snowfall in the neighbouring hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states recording a low of 5.4 degrees celsius, down one notch, the MeT office here said.
Karnal also braved the chill recording a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ambala recorded a low of 7.9 degrees celsius.
Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded respective minimum temperatures of 8.2 degrees celsius and 7.5 degrees celsius.
In Punjab, the chill was back in Amritsar and Ludhiana, with both towns recording identical below normal lows of 6.8 degrees celsius each.
Patiala, too, had a cold night at 7.4 degrees celsius.
The MeT said that rains also lashed few places in the region for the second day today, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Bhiwani, Ludhiana, Mohali and Phagwara.
The minimum temperatures may fall further at few places in the two states over the next few days, the MeT added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM