Woman abducted by husband; rescued by police
Moga: A 27-year-old woman was allegedly abducted and held hostage by her husband and his seven accomplices, but was rescued by police on Monday.
Jasvir Kaur was abducted on Sunday from her uncle`s residence in Mehma and taken to Bathinda district`s Wander village, where she was chained and held hostage, police said.
The victim`s brother-in-law, Sukhmander Singh, after getting wind of it, had moved the court which then issued a release order through a warrant officer last evening, they said.
The police said the victim`s husband, Harpal Singh, had strained relations with his wife, adding that all the accused were arrested and a case of wrongful confinement and kidnapping was slapped on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi