Woman abducted by husband; rescued by police
Moga: A 27-year-old woman was allegedly abducted and held hostage by her husband and his seven accomplices, but was rescued by police on Monday.
Jasvir Kaur was abducted on Sunday from her uncle`s residence in Mehma and taken to Bathinda district`s Wander village, where she was chained and held hostage, police said.
The victim`s brother-in-law, Sukhmander Singh, after getting wind of it, had moved the court which then issued a release order through a warrant officer last evening, they said.
The police said the victim`s husband, Harpal Singh, had strained relations with his wife, adding that all the accused were arrested and a case of wrongful confinement and kidnapping was slapped on them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife