Youth gets 10 years in jail for abduction, rape
Moga: A youth has been sentenced to 10-year rigorous imprisonment for abducting and raping a minor girl here.
Additional District and Sessions judge Gurjant Singh, deciding the case within eight months, yesterday sent the convict, Satnam Singh, to 10-year rigorous imprisonment.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 6,000 on him.
In his complaint, the girl`s father had alleged that the accused had abducted his 16-year-old daughter on April 8.
Police managed to rescue the girl after two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi