19-yr-old girl claims forced to marry over obscene video
Jaipur: A 19-year-old girl has filed a complaint against her husband alleging that he forced her to marry him after making her obscene video when she was a minor, police said on Wednesday.
The girl has also charged her husband Abhishek with making dowry demands and throwing her out of the house, police said.
In the FIR lodged at Mahila Thana here last evening, the girl said when she went to the Shastri Nagar police station to file a complaint against her husband, police officials there pressurised her to settle for a compromise.
Abhishek`s father is a constable in the force, police said. "The girl alleged that Abhishek filmed some video (of hers) when she was a minor and, on the basis of that video, he forced her to marry him. The marriage took place at an Arya Samaj temple last year in September," police said.
She alleged that following their marriage, her husband began making dowry demands and recently threw her out of the house prompting her to approach the police.
Police said they were investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia