19-yr-old girl claims forced to marry over obscene video
Jaipur: A 19-year-old girl has filed a complaint against her husband alleging that he forced her to marry him after making her obscene video when she was a minor, police said on Wednesday.
The girl has also charged her husband Abhishek with making dowry demands and throwing her out of the house, police said.
In the FIR lodged at Mahila Thana here last evening, the girl said when she went to the Shastri Nagar police station to file a complaint against her husband, police officials there pressurised her to settle for a compromise.
Abhishek`s father is a constable in the force, police said. "The girl alleged that Abhishek filmed some video (of hers) when she was a minor and, on the basis of that video, he forced her to marry him. The marriage took place at an Arya Samaj temple last year in September," police said.
She alleged that following their marriage, her husband began making dowry demands and recently threw her out of the house prompting her to approach the police.
Police said they were investigating the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference