25 kids stable after being administered contaminated glucose in Ajmer
Jaipur: The condition of 25 children admitted to a hospital in Ajmer, which deteriorated after they were administered suspected contaminated glucose injections on Tuesday, have been brought under control.
An 8-year-old boy, who was also admitted in the same ward of JLN government hospital, died the same night, but the hospital authorities said the death was not related to the injection.
A nurse, Shilarani Badlani was today put under Awaiting Posting Order for dereliction in duty while administering the suspected contaminated glucose injection to the children. The APO was issued to her on a direction by the Health Minister Rajendra Rathore.
"46 children were administered glucose on Tuesday night after which condition of 25 children deteriorated but the condition was controlled within time," Dr Ashok Chaudhary, Principal of JLN medical hospital said today.
Dr Chaudhary is heading a panel which is probing the matter. Samples of the injection and distrilled water have been sent to drug controller for testing.
When asked about the death of the boy, Dr Chaudhary said the boy died due to other serious ailment.
"There is no connection between the death of the boy and the injection. He was already suffering from high degree fever and cerebral palsy disorder," he said.
Meanwhile, Principal Secretary, Health, Subodh Agrawal, visited the hospital today and gave necessary direction to the hospital staff.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay