25 kids stable after being administered contaminated glucose in Ajmer
Jaipur: The condition of 25 children admitted to a hospital in Ajmer, which deteriorated after they were administered suspected contaminated glucose injections on Tuesday, have been brought under control.
An 8-year-old boy, who was also admitted in the same ward of JLN government hospital, died the same night, but the hospital authorities said the death was not related to the injection.
A nurse, Shilarani Badlani was today put under Awaiting Posting Order for dereliction in duty while administering the suspected contaminated glucose injection to the children. The APO was issued to her on a direction by the Health Minister Rajendra Rathore.
"46 children were administered glucose on Tuesday night after which condition of 25 children deteriorated but the condition was controlled within time," Dr Ashok Chaudhary, Principal of JLN medical hospital said today.
Dr Chaudhary is heading a panel which is probing the matter. Samples of the injection and distrilled water have been sent to drug controller for testing.
When asked about the death of the boy, Dr Chaudhary said the boy died due to other serious ailment.
"There is no connection between the death of the boy and the injection. He was already suffering from high degree fever and cerebral palsy disorder," he said.
Meanwhile, Principal Secretary, Health, Subodh Agrawal, visited the hospital today and gave necessary direction to the hospital staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested