8 women cops jump off hostel building fearing short-circuit
Jaipur: Eight women police constables were injured when they jumped off the first floor of their hostel here over fears of short-circuit in the building amid heavy rains in the wee hours on Monday.
An electricity distribution point box next to the Rajasthan Police Academy hostel caught fire and burst due to heavy rainfall at around 4:30 am, police said.
The constables, who were preparing for their morning exercise, may have experienced mild electrical shocks or, scared by the distribution box fire, jumped off the building, said RPA Director and Additional DGP BL Soni.
Of the injured constables, four had fractured limbs and were admitted to the SMS Hospital, he said.
The injured are out of danger and would be discharged soon, Soni added.
Power supply to the building, which was disconnected following the incident, was restored later during the day, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB