8 women cops jump off hostel building fearing short-circuit
Jaipur: Eight women police constables were injured when they jumped off the first floor of their hostel here over fears of short-circuit in the building amid heavy rains in the wee hours on Monday.
An electricity distribution point box next to the Rajasthan Police Academy hostel caught fire and burst due to heavy rainfall at around 4:30 am, police said.
The constables, who were preparing for their morning exercise, may have experienced mild electrical shocks or, scared by the distribution box fire, jumped off the building, said RPA Director and Additional DGP BL Soni.
Of the injured constables, four had fractured limbs and were admitted to the SMS Hospital, he said.
The injured are out of danger and would be discharged soon, Soni added.
Power supply to the building, which was disconnected following the incident, was restored later during the day, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda