8 women cops jump off hostel building fearing short-circuit
Jaipur: Eight women police constables were injured when they jumped off the first floor of their hostel here over fears of short-circuit in the building amid heavy rains in the wee hours on Monday.
An electricity distribution point box next to the Rajasthan Police Academy hostel caught fire and burst due to heavy rainfall at around 4:30 am, police said.
The constables, who were preparing for their morning exercise, may have experienced mild electrical shocks or, scared by the distribution box fire, jumped off the building, said RPA Director and Additional DGP BL Soni.
Of the injured constables, four had fractured limbs and were admitted to the SMS Hospital, he said.
The injured are out of danger and would be discharged soon, Soni added.
Power supply to the building, which was disconnected following the incident, was restored later during the day, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad