8 women cops jump off hostel building fearing short-circuit
Jaipur: Eight women police constables were injured when they jumped off the first floor of their hostel here over fears of short-circuit in the building amid heavy rains in the wee hours on Monday.
An electricity distribution point box next to the Rajasthan Police Academy hostel caught fire and burst due to heavy rainfall at around 4:30 am, police said.
The constables, who were preparing for their morning exercise, may have experienced mild electrical shocks or, scared by the distribution box fire, jumped off the building, said RPA Director and Additional DGP BL Soni.
Of the injured constables, four had fractured limbs and were admitted to the SMS Hospital, he said.
The injured are out of danger and would be discharged soon, Soni added.
Power supply to the building, which was disconnected following the incident, was restored later during the day, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog