AC double-decker train for Jaipur
New Delhi: Two new Duronto trains for
Mumbai and Ajmer and one AC double-decker train for Jaipur are
among 23 new train services to be launched by Northern Railway
A new Shatabdi Express train for Ludhiana from New
Delhi station will also be pressed into service shortly,
General Manager of Northern Railway SK Budhalakoti said after
releasing the new Time Table here.
However, out of 23 proposed new train services
including the AC double-decker train, launch dates of 18
trains are yet to be announced in the time table.
"Date of introduction of these new trains will be
announced shortly and these trains will definitely run before
March 31, 2012," said Budhalakoti.
The Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jaipur AC double decker train
will have stoppages at Guragon and Delhi Cantonment stations.
While the train will start from Jaipur at 6 AM in the morning
and reach Sarai Rohilla at 10.30 AM, it will leave Sarai
Rohilla at 5.35 PM and reach Jaipur at 10.05 pm daily.
The date of introduction of the double-decker
train is yet to be decided.
"The double decker train will be launched in the
current financial year. Since it is a new kind of train,
extensive trials are going on and after getting the clearance
from the Commissioner Railway Safety we will announce the
date," Northern Railway GM said.
A new passenger train for Ghaziabad for daily
passengers will be pressed into service from July 1.
The date of introduction of Mumbai Duronto and Ajmer
Duronto will be announced shortly.
While the frequency of five trains including Sealdah
Duronto and Ajmer Shatabdi is being increased, the routes of
15 trains are extended in the new Time Table.
The frequency of Sealdah Duronto is being increased to
four days from two days a week. Ajmer Shatabdi has become a
daily train instead of six days a week.
According to the new time table, New Delhi-Dehradun AC
Express and Dibrugarh Rajdhani have become daily service from
six days a week.
The frequency of Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Udaipur Chetak
Express has been increased from four days a week to daily
The Vivek Express and Kavi Guru Express announced in
the Rail Budget 2011-12 have found mention in the time table.
However, the dates of launching the weekly Vivek Express from
Jammu Tawi to Bandra Terminal and the Kavi Guru Express from
Kamakhya to Jaipur have not been announced.
"The date of introducing the new Rajya Rani Express
from Meerut to Lucknow is also to be announced later on," said
Thirteen new express trains including an AC Express
train for Sasaram from Anand Vihar will be introduced shortly.
Other proposed trains include Rae Bareli-Juanpur
Express, Chandigarh-Bandra Express, New Delhi-Puducherry
Express and Lucknow-Bhopal Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users