ACJM Court rejects application to strike down CBI findings
Jodhpur: The ACJM court (SC/ST Cases) here on Tuesday rejected the application of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and Paras Ram Bishnoi, the accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, seeking the deletion of CBI`s findings against them from its chargesheet.
After rejecting the application of the duo, the trial of the case resumed in ACJM court this morning during which the counsel of Mahipal Maderna, Shahabuddin and Baldev alias Balia completed his argument in the trial, which lasted for over two hours.
The counsel claimed that the sleaze CD was fake and also denied any illicit relationship between Maderna and Bhanwari Devi in the court.
Besides this, the counsel of Bishna Ram Bishnoi and his three gang members Kailash Jakhar, Om Prakash Bishnoi and Ashok Bishnoi also started his argument but it remained incomplete.
The court will hear the argument as the trial resumes tomorrow.
All the 15 accused of the case, except Maderna, were present in the court during the trial.
Meanwhile, in response of the CBI seeking permission from the court to proceed with the auction of the property of Indra Bishnoi, the sister of Malkhan Sigh Bishnoi, her children have moved an application in the ACJM court (CBI Cases) in protest of the auction.
They mentioned in the application that the house, to be auctioned, is on rent and is the sole means of sustenance for them.
The court has listed the matter for hearing on September 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees