ACJM Court rejects application to strike down CBI findings
Jodhpur: The ACJM court (SC/ST Cases) here on Tuesday rejected the application of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and Paras Ram Bishnoi, the accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, seeking the deletion of CBI`s findings against them from its chargesheet.
After rejecting the application of the duo, the trial of the case resumed in ACJM court this morning during which the counsel of Mahipal Maderna, Shahabuddin and Baldev alias Balia completed his argument in the trial, which lasted for over two hours.
The counsel claimed that the sleaze CD was fake and also denied any illicit relationship between Maderna and Bhanwari Devi in the court.
Besides this, the counsel of Bishna Ram Bishnoi and his three gang members Kailash Jakhar, Om Prakash Bishnoi and Ashok Bishnoi also started his argument but it remained incomplete.
The court will hear the argument as the trial resumes tomorrow.
All the 15 accused of the case, except Maderna, were present in the court during the trial.
Meanwhile, in response of the CBI seeking permission from the court to proceed with the auction of the property of Indra Bishnoi, the sister of Malkhan Sigh Bishnoi, her children have moved an application in the ACJM court (CBI Cases) in protest of the auction.
They mentioned in the application that the house, to be auctioned, is on rent and is the sole means of sustenance for them.
The court has listed the matter for hearing on September 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters