Bhanwari case: CBI likely to question Maderna
Jaipur: CBI is likely to interrogate sacked
Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna after issuing him a notice
in connection with the missing case of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
A CBI team, led by an SP rank official, is here to
investigate the case which led to the sacking of the former
Water Resources Minister.
The team, which comprises one SP, one DSP and two
inspectors, arrived here yesterday while Joint Director of CBI
R P Agrawal is expected to arrive here today from Jodhpur to
probe the case.
The CBI team is likely to question Maderna`s former staff
and then Maderna himself after issuing him a notice, agency
Bhanwari (36), who was posted as auxiliary nurse and
midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km
from Jodhpur district, went missing on September 1.
Her husband Amarchand has alleged that she was abducted
at the behest of Maderna and his associates. The charges have
been refuted by the former minister.
The central agency suspects that Bhanwari Devi was
murdered and her body was burnt in a brick kiln. The agency
has visited some kilns in Jodhpur and Pali districts, they
said, adding that a team yesterday visited a kiln at Sojat in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak