Bhanwari case: CBI likely to question Maderna
Jaipur: CBI is likely to interrogate sacked
Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna after issuing him a notice
in connection with the missing case of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
A CBI team, led by an SP rank official, is here to
investigate the case which led to the sacking of the former
Water Resources Minister.
The team, which comprises one SP, one DSP and two
inspectors, arrived here yesterday while Joint Director of CBI
R P Agrawal is expected to arrive here today from Jodhpur to
probe the case.
The CBI team is likely to question Maderna`s former staff
and then Maderna himself after issuing him a notice, agency
Bhanwari (36), who was posted as auxiliary nurse and
midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km
from Jodhpur district, went missing on September 1.
Her husband Amarchand has alleged that she was abducted
at the behest of Maderna and his associates. The charges have
been refuted by the former minister.
The central agency suspects that Bhanwari Devi was
murdered and her body was burnt in a brick kiln. The agency
has visited some kilns in Jodhpur and Pali districts, they
said, adding that a team yesterday visited a kiln at Sojat in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days