Bhanwari case: CBI likely to question Maderna
Jaipur: CBI is likely to interrogate sacked
Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna after issuing him a notice
in connection with the missing case of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
A CBI team, led by an SP rank official, is here to
investigate the case which led to the sacking of the former
Water Resources Minister.
The team, which comprises one SP, one DSP and two
inspectors, arrived here yesterday while Joint Director of CBI
R P Agrawal is expected to arrive here today from Jodhpur to
probe the case.
The CBI team is likely to question Maderna`s former staff
and then Maderna himself after issuing him a notice, agency
Bhanwari (36), who was posted as auxiliary nurse and
midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km
from Jodhpur district, went missing on September 1.
Her husband Amarchand has alleged that she was abducted
at the behest of Maderna and his associates. The charges have
been refuted by the former minister.
The central agency suspects that Bhanwari Devi was
murdered and her body was burnt in a brick kiln. The agency
has visited some kilns in Jodhpur and Pali districts, they
said, adding that a team yesterday visited a kiln at Sojat in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'