Bhanwari case: CBI moves court seeking use of Bishnoi`s residence
Jodhpur: The CBI on Monday moved an application in a local court seeking direction to the Rajasthan government for using the residence of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, for official purpose.
"We moved an application in the court of ACJM (CBI Cases) seeking the court to give directions to the state government to use the residence of Indra Bishnoi for its own purpose," senior special counsel for CBI Ashok Joshi said here.
The court will will hear the argument on the application on February 16.
The residence of Bishnoi has already been attached and put for auction twice. But both the attempts to auction the property proved futile as no one turned up to take part in the auction proceedings.
Before this, the CBI had moved an application in the court, after the first auctioning process, to re-initiate the auction bid but with three days in succession.
Even that bid had failed to evoke any response from any bidder.
Disappointed by the failed auctioning bids, the agency has moved this application in order to exert pressure on Indra to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore