Bhanwari case: CBI moves court seeking use of Bishnoi`s residence
Jodhpur: The CBI on Monday moved an application in a local court seeking direction to the Rajasthan government for using the residence of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, for official purpose.
"We moved an application in the court of ACJM (CBI Cases) seeking the court to give directions to the state government to use the residence of Indra Bishnoi for its own purpose," senior special counsel for CBI Ashok Joshi said here.
The court will will hear the argument on the application on February 16.
The residence of Bishnoi has already been attached and put for auction twice. But both the attempts to auction the property proved futile as no one turned up to take part in the auction proceedings.
Before this, the CBI had moved an application in the court, after the first auctioning process, to re-initiate the auction bid but with three days in succession.
Even that bid had failed to evoke any response from any bidder.
Disappointed by the failed auctioning bids, the agency has moved this application in order to exert pressure on Indra to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach