Bhanwari case: CBI moves court seeking use of Bishnoi`s residence
Jodhpur: The CBI on Monday moved an application in a local court seeking direction to the Rajasthan government for using the residence of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case, for official purpose.
"We moved an application in the court of ACJM (CBI Cases) seeking the court to give directions to the state government to use the residence of Indra Bishnoi for its own purpose," senior special counsel for CBI Ashok Joshi said here.
The court will will hear the argument on the application on February 16.
The residence of Bishnoi has already been attached and put for auction twice. But both the attempts to auction the property proved futile as no one turned up to take part in the auction proceedings.
Before this, the CBI had moved an application in the court, after the first auctioning process, to re-initiate the auction bid but with three days in succession.
Even that bid had failed to evoke any response from any bidder.
Disappointed by the failed auctioning bids, the agency has moved this application in order to exert pressure on Indra to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate