Bhanwari case: CBI team takes over probe
Jodhpur: A day after the Rajasthan High
Court rapped the Ashok Gehlot government questioning its
intention to solve the case of Bhanwari Devi, the missing
nurse, a CBI team on Wednesday took charge of the investigations.
The five-member team, headed by an officer of SP level,
Rajesh Rathi, arrived here this morning and headed straight to
the Circuit House.
The team met IGP Umesh Mishra, SP (Rural) Navjyoti Gogoi
and ASP and investigating officer Himmat Abhilash Tak.
"We have handed over the entire case diary and other
details and documents to the CBI which has started its probe
afresh," Gogoi said.
On September 14, the state government had recommended a
a CBI probe into the case of missing ANM on the request of
PHED minister Mahipal Maderna, whose name has figured in the
case, and on the demand of the BJP.
The official notification was issued by the Department
of Personnel and Training (DoPT), New Delhi, on October three.
The case was registered by the CBI yesterday.
The Rajasthan High Court yesterday raised questions on
the state government`s intention of solving the case.
A division bench comprising Justices Govind Mathur and N
K Jain observed the government was acting "hand in gloves" to
save the minister and ascribed it as an example of "escapism"
on the part of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video