Bhanwari case: CBI team takes over probe
Jodhpur: A day after the Rajasthan High
Court rapped the Ashok Gehlot government questioning its
intention to solve the case of Bhanwari Devi, the missing
nurse, a CBI team on Wednesday took charge of the investigations.
The five-member team, headed by an officer of SP level,
Rajesh Rathi, arrived here this morning and headed straight to
the Circuit House.
The team met IGP Umesh Mishra, SP (Rural) Navjyoti Gogoi
and ASP and investigating officer Himmat Abhilash Tak.
"We have handed over the entire case diary and other
details and documents to the CBI which has started its probe
afresh," Gogoi said.
On September 14, the state government had recommended a
a CBI probe into the case of missing ANM on the request of
PHED minister Mahipal Maderna, whose name has figured in the
case, and on the demand of the BJP.
The official notification was issued by the Department
of Personnel and Training (DoPT), New Delhi, on October three.
The case was registered by the CBI yesterday.
The Rajasthan High Court yesterday raised questions on
the state government`s intention of solving the case.
A division bench comprising Justices Govind Mathur and N
K Jain observed the government was acting "hand in gloves" to
save the minister and ascribed it as an example of "escapism"
on the part of the government.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on