Bhanwari case: CBI team takes over probe
Jodhpur: A day after the Rajasthan High
Court rapped the Ashok Gehlot government questioning its
intention to solve the case of Bhanwari Devi, the missing
nurse, a CBI team on Wednesday took charge of the investigations.
The five-member team, headed by an officer of SP level,
Rajesh Rathi, arrived here this morning and headed straight to
the Circuit House.
The team met IGP Umesh Mishra, SP (Rural) Navjyoti Gogoi
and ASP and investigating officer Himmat Abhilash Tak.
"We have handed over the entire case diary and other
details and documents to the CBI which has started its probe
afresh," Gogoi said.
On September 14, the state government had recommended a
a CBI probe into the case of missing ANM on the request of
PHED minister Mahipal Maderna, whose name has figured in the
case, and on the demand of the BJP.
The official notification was issued by the Department
of Personnel and Training (DoPT), New Delhi, on October three.
The case was registered by the CBI yesterday.
The Rajasthan High Court yesterday raised questions on
the state government`s intention of solving the case.
A division bench comprising Justices Govind Mathur and N
K Jain observed the government was acting "hand in gloves" to
save the minister and ascribed it as an example of "escapism"
on the part of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?