Bhanwari Devi case: Mahipal Maderna sacked
Jaipur: Rajasthan`s controversial Minister
Mahipal Maderna, who is suspected to be involved in the case
of mysterious disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi, was on Sunday
sacked by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
In a communication forwarded to Governor Shivraj Patil,
Gehlot has recommended the dismissal of Maderna, highly placed
sources said this evening.
Gehlot`s action came after his attempt to secure the
resignation of the Water Resources Minister failed.
Bhanwari(36) went missing on September one.
According to sources, Gehlot had asked Maderna to resign
after the state government on September 14 decided to hand
over the case to CBI but the minister refused.
Maderna also met the Chief Minister last night and it was
again suggested to him that he resign, sources said today.
Rajasthan High Court has also rapped the state
government, raising questions on its intention to crack the
A division bench raised questions on the government`s
intentions, while hearing a habeas corpus petition filed by
her husband few days back.
The court had remarked that the state government is
acting "hand in glove" to save the minister, observing this
was an example of "escapism" on its part.
The CBI had on October 11 taken over probe into
disappearance of Bhanwari in which allegations about Maderna`s
involvement have been levelled.
CBI registered a case in this regard after the state
government requested the Centre last month to hand it over to
Devi was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a
sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur
district, Her husband Amarchand has alleged that she was
abducted at the behest of Maderna and his associates. These
charges have been refuted by the minister and his associates.
The nurse last registered her presence at the sub-centre
on August 24 and has since been absent.
Her name had sprung up sometime back after a CD which
allegedly showed her in compromising position with the
minister and an MLA was circulated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing