BJP holds protest against MLA Rathore`s arrest
Jaipur: BJP workers in Rajasthan on Saturday held demonstrations in several areas of the state, protesting the arrest of party MLA Rajendra Rathore in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
Attacking the Congress government in a demonstration here, former Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje said that Gehlot government is "misusing the CBI for taking political revenge".
Raje also made a veiled attack on Chief Minister Ashok Ghelot in the Bhanwari Devi case. "Everybody knows that which politician, who belongs to Marwar region where the incident took place, has benefited from the entire episode," she said.
She said, "The government has no achievement in its name, but there are only failures to highlight. There is no water, no power and no seeds for farmers. Power cut is a major problem in the state, but the government does not care for that."
BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said demonstrations were organised in all the districts today to protest the MLA`s arrest.
Meanwhile, several members of Rajput community forcibly shut down shops in Jhotwara area in the city and took out a motorcycle rally to protest Rathore`s arrest.
Some students of Rajasthan University also held protest outside the campus and blocked the road for few hours.
Rathore has been arrested by the CBI for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter case of local liquor smuggler Dara Singh in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket