CBI registers case in Bharatpur violence
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday registered a case to
probe the Bharatpur violence in which 10 people were killed in
bloody clashes between two communities last month.
The clashes took place in Jama Masjid area in Gopalgarh
between Mev Muslim community and Gujjars over a land-related
An inquiry into the matter was referred to the CBI by the
Ashok Gehlot government and a judicial probe was going on.
The National Commission for Minorities has held the state
government responsible for the clashes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory