Chintan Shivir to be held with simplicity, claims
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today claimed that the Congress` Chintan Shivir(brainstorming camp) would take place with "simplicity" and the expenses would be borne by All India Congress Committee(AICC).
"This is purely a party level event so it was decided that the expenses for hotel, vehicle etc will be borne by the AICC. There will be no burden on the government," Gehlot told reporters here.
The chief minister said that the preparations for the major event are going on in full swing.
"Congress President, Prime Minister, Rahul Gandhi will stay here for three days. Chief ministers of several party-ruled states, leaders of Congress legislative parties, AICC members will be among around 1,600 people who are coming to attend the event," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
The chief minister also reviewed the arrangements for the event and gave necessary directions to officials as the meteorological department has predicted rains or thunderstorm during the next 2-3 days.
Meanwhile, state chief secretary C K Mathew also took stock of the arrangements, including the security measures to be adopted, for the Chintan Shivir.
The Chintan Shivir will take place on January 18 and 19, which will be followed by AICC meeting on January 20 at Birla auditorium.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case