Chintan Shivir to be held with simplicity, claims
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today claimed that the Congress` Chintan Shivir(brainstorming camp) would take place with "simplicity" and the expenses would be borne by All India Congress Committee(AICC).
"This is purely a party level event so it was decided that the expenses for hotel, vehicle etc will be borne by the AICC. There will be no burden on the government," Gehlot told reporters here.
The chief minister said that the preparations for the major event are going on in full swing.
"Congress President, Prime Minister, Rahul Gandhi will stay here for three days. Chief ministers of several party-ruled states, leaders of Congress legislative parties, AICC members will be among around 1,600 people who are coming to attend the event," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
The chief minister also reviewed the arrangements for the event and gave necessary directions to officials as the meteorological department has predicted rains or thunderstorm during the next 2-3 days.
Meanwhile, state chief secretary C K Mathew also took stock of the arrangements, including the security measures to be adopted, for the Chintan Shivir.
The Chintan Shivir will take place on January 18 and 19, which will be followed by AICC meeting on January 20 at Birla auditorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter