Churu Assembly election: Over 78 per cent votes polled
Jaipur: An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Churu Assembly poll on Friday which ended peacefully amid tight security arrangements, a spokesperson of Chief Electoral Officer said.
Nine candidates are in fray including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s Rajendra Singh Rathore.
The polling started at 8 AM amid tight security arrangements and ended at 5 PM.
Polling to this seat was postponed after the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The 14th State Legislative Assembly polls were held on December 2 in 199 out of 200 constituencies in 33 districts of the state.
BJP swept the polls winning 162 Assembly seat and today Vasundhra Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of the state.
The result of today`s voting in Churu constituency will be declared on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you