Churu Assembly election: Over 78 per cent votes polled
Jaipur: An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Churu Assembly poll on Friday which ended peacefully amid tight security arrangements, a spokesperson of Chief Electoral Officer said.
Nine candidates are in fray including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s Rajendra Singh Rathore.
The polling started at 8 AM amid tight security arrangements and ended at 5 PM.
Polling to this seat was postponed after the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The 14th State Legislative Assembly polls were held on December 2 in 199 out of 200 constituencies in 33 districts of the state.
BJP swept the polls winning 162 Assembly seat and today Vasundhra Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of the state.
The result of today`s voting in Churu constituency will be declared on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi