Churu Assembly election: Over 78 per cent votes polled
Jaipur: An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Churu Assembly poll on Friday which ended peacefully amid tight security arrangements, a spokesperson of Chief Electoral Officer said.
Nine candidates are in fray including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s Rajendra Singh Rathore.
The polling started at 8 AM amid tight security arrangements and ended at 5 PM.
Polling to this seat was postponed after the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The 14th State Legislative Assembly polls were held on December 2 in 199 out of 200 constituencies in 33 districts of the state.
BJP swept the polls winning 162 Assembly seat and today Vasundhra Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of the state.
The result of today`s voting in Churu constituency will be declared on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog