Churu Assembly election: Over 78 per cent votes polled
Jaipur: An estimated 78.55 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Churu Assembly poll on Friday which ended peacefully amid tight security arrangements, a spokesperson of Chief Electoral Officer said.
Nine candidates are in fray including sitting Congress MLA Hazi Maqbool and BJP`s Rajendra Singh Rathore.
The polling started at 8 AM amid tight security arrangements and ended at 5 PM.
Polling to this seat was postponed after the demise of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
The 14th State Legislative Assembly polls were held on December 2 in 199 out of 200 constituencies in 33 districts of the state.
BJP swept the polls winning 162 Assembly seat and today Vasundhra Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of the state.
The result of today`s voting in Churu constituency will be declared on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued