Congress` sandesh yatra deferred due to Uttarakhand calamity
Jaipur: The Pradesh Congress` Sandesh Yatra scheduled for Thursday from Dausa has been deferred in view of Uttarakhand`s calamity and relief works, a party spokesperson said.
In a late last night meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC president Dr Chandrabhan and Party Affairs Incharge Ashok Tanwar, the party decided to postpone the 11th phase of the yatra, spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement.
PCC has set up a control room for providing information to affected families of Uttarakhand tragedy, she said.
A calamity fund has been made so that people can donate and extend any relief to the victims and their family members, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning