Congress` sandesh yatra deferred due to Uttarakhand calamity
Jaipur: The Pradesh Congress` Sandesh Yatra scheduled for Thursday from Dausa has been deferred in view of Uttarakhand`s calamity and relief works, a party spokesperson said.
In a late last night meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC president Dr Chandrabhan and Party Affairs Incharge Ashok Tanwar, the party decided to postpone the 11th phase of the yatra, spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement.
PCC has set up a control room for providing information to affected families of Uttarakhand tragedy, she said.
A calamity fund has been made so that people can donate and extend any relief to the victims and their family members, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price