Congress` sandesh yatra deferred due to Uttarakhand calamity
Jaipur: The Pradesh Congress` Sandesh Yatra scheduled for Thursday from Dausa has been deferred in view of Uttarakhand`s calamity and relief works, a party spokesperson said.
In a late last night meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC president Dr Chandrabhan and Party Affairs Incharge Ashok Tanwar, the party decided to postpone the 11th phase of the yatra, spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement.
PCC has set up a control room for providing information to affected families of Uttarakhand tragedy, she said.
A calamity fund has been made so that people can donate and extend any relief to the victims and their family members, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC sentences 7 to life imprisonment in a post-Godhra riot case
- Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service resumes
- 2nd Test, Day 3: England bounce back to level series 1-1 with massive 330-run win over Pakistan
- Lok Sabha passes bill providing for opening of 6 new IITs
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case