Congress` sandesh yatra deferred due to Uttarakhand calamity
Jaipur: The Pradesh Congress` Sandesh Yatra scheduled for Thursday from Dausa has been deferred in view of Uttarakhand`s calamity and relief works, a party spokesperson said.
In a late last night meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC president Dr Chandrabhan and Party Affairs Incharge Ashok Tanwar, the party decided to postpone the 11th phase of the yatra, spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement.
PCC has set up a control room for providing information to affected families of Uttarakhand tragedy, she said.
A calamity fund has been made so that people can donate and extend any relief to the victims and their family members, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter