Congress` sandesh yatra deferred due to Uttarakhand calamity
Jaipur: The Pradesh Congress` Sandesh Yatra scheduled for Thursday from Dausa has been deferred in view of Uttarakhand`s calamity and relief works, a party spokesperson said.
In a late last night meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, PCC president Dr Chandrabhan and Party Affairs Incharge Ashok Tanwar, the party decided to postpone the 11th phase of the yatra, spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement.
PCC has set up a control room for providing information to affected families of Uttarakhand tragedy, she said.
A calamity fund has been made so that people can donate and extend any relief to the victims and their family members, she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights