CPI(M) MLA arrested for damaging public property
Bikaner: A CPI(M) MLA was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial custody for allegedly damaging public property during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar district nine years ago.
Pawan Duggal was arrested from his residence and produced in a local court in Anupgarh where the magistrate remanded him in judicial custody for 15 days.
The case was registered against Duggal and three others on October 27, 2004, under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act, police said, adding that the three other accused have already been nabbed.
Duggal`s supporters demonstrated against his arrest in front of the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him