CPI(M) MLA arrested for damaging public property
Bikaner: A CPI(M) MLA was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial custody for allegedly damaging public property during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar district nine years ago.
Pawan Duggal was arrested from his residence and produced in a local court in Anupgarh where the magistrate remanded him in judicial custody for 15 days.
The case was registered against Duggal and three others on October 27, 2004, under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act, police said, adding that the three other accused have already been nabbed.
Duggal`s supporters demonstrated against his arrest in front of the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued