CPI(M) MLA arrested for damaging public property
Bikaner: A CPI(M) MLA was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial custody for allegedly damaging public property during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar district nine years ago.
Pawan Duggal was arrested from his residence and produced in a local court in Anupgarh where the magistrate remanded him in judicial custody for 15 days.
The case was registered against Duggal and three others on October 27, 2004, under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act, police said, adding that the three other accused have already been nabbed.
Duggal`s supporters demonstrated against his arrest in front of the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda