CPI(M) MLA arrested for damaging public property
Bikaner: A CPI(M) MLA was on Friday arrested and sent to judicial custody for allegedly damaging public property during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar district nine years ago.
Pawan Duggal was arrested from his residence and produced in a local court in Anupgarh where the magistrate remanded him in judicial custody for 15 days.
The case was registered against Duggal and three others on October 27, 2004, under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act, police said, adding that the three other accused have already been nabbed.
Duggal`s supporters demonstrated against his arrest in front of the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP