Dara Singh fake encounter case: CBI remand of cops extended
Jaipur: A court on Wednesday extended by a
day the CBI remand of four police personnel arrested in
connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
Assistant Chief Judicial Magistrate (CBI) extended by
a day the remand of Inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma,
ASI Surendra Singh and SI Satyanarayan Godara after the
investigating agency produced the accused in the court amid
Meanwhile, their advocate Ajay Jain alleged that one of
the accused Nisar Khan was being tourtured by the CBI team.
"Khan said he is being pressurised by the CBI team
who want him to turn approver against former chief minister
Vasundhara Raje, former minister Rajendra Rathore and
Additional Director General of police AK Jain and IG
A Ponnuchamy," Jain said.
"I submitted an application to the court today that
all these allegations should be taken on record," he informed
On the other hand, family members and relatives of the
accused protested and shouted slogans against the CBI in the
court premises, alleging that the arrest of the policemen was
The policemen were allegedly involved in the fake
encounter of notorious criminal Dara Singh here on October 23,
The case was handed over to the CBI last year
following a Supreme Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?