DNA test confirms new-born girl`s parentage
Jodhpur: The mystery over the parentage of a
new-born girl, who lay abandoned in a hospital here as two couples staked claim over a boy born on the same day, was solved today with a DNA test confirming Poonam Kanwar as her biological mother.
The DNA report was produced by police in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate which was read by the Magistrate in the presence of Poonam`s husband Chain Singh and hospital
Superintendent Dr Narendra Changani.
Accepting the report, Singh agreed to take possession of
the girl who was under the supervision of the hospital`s
nursery unit soon after her birth.
After this development, he told reporters outside the
court that he was interested in knowing the result of this DNA
report in order to avoid any confusion.
The girl was mistakenly exchanged with the boy by the
hospital staff on March 25.
After delivery, the hospital staff gave the boy to Poonam
but after around two hours, they said that the boy was
mistakenly handed over to her and took him back.
The staffers then gave her the girl saying she was born
The boy was handed over to Reshmi Devi wife of Sagar Ram
following which Chain Singh and his family members created a
ruckus and claimed that the boy belongs to them and rejected
A committee of the hospital also looked into the matter
and prima-facie found that the boy belongs to Reshmi and the
girl belongs to Poonam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him