Five Army jawans killed in road mishap
Jaipur: Five Army jawans were killed and four injured when their truck overturned near Ramgarh area in Jaisalmer district on Thursday, police said here.
The riflemen of 2/11 Gorkha Rifles died in the mishap which occurred when they were shifting ammunition from Sanu area to Ramgarh area, police said.
"Prima facie, it seems the driver lost control over the vehicle during an overtaking bid," a policeman, Devi Singh, present at the spot, told a news agency.
Two persons died on the spot and three succumbed to injuries at a hospital, he said.
The injured were taken to Jodhpur in an IAF helicopter, he said.
The deceased were identified as Jeet Kumar Limbu, Amreet Kumar, Mohan Khsetri, Prembahadur Rai and Prem Kumar, he said.
Defence spokesperson Col S D Goswamy said a court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen