Five Army jawans killed in road mishap
Jaipur: Five Army jawans were killed and four injured when their truck overturned near Ramgarh area in Jaisalmer district on Thursday, police said here.
The riflemen of 2/11 Gorkha Rifles died in the mishap which occurred when they were shifting ammunition from Sanu area to Ramgarh area, police said.
"Prima facie, it seems the driver lost control over the vehicle during an overtaking bid," a policeman, Devi Singh, present at the spot, told a news agency.
Two persons died on the spot and three succumbed to injuries at a hospital, he said.
The injured were taken to Jodhpur in an IAF helicopter, he said.
The deceased were identified as Jeet Kumar Limbu, Amreet Kumar, Mohan Khsetri, Prembahadur Rai and Prem Kumar, he said.
Defence spokesperson Col S D Goswamy said a court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official