Five Army jawans killed in road mishap
Jaipur: Five Army jawans were killed and four injured when their truck overturned near Ramgarh area in Jaisalmer district on Thursday, police said here.
The riflemen of 2/11 Gorkha Rifles died in the mishap which occurred when they were shifting ammunition from Sanu area to Ramgarh area, police said.
"Prima facie, it seems the driver lost control over the vehicle during an overtaking bid," a policeman, Devi Singh, present at the spot, told a news agency.
Two persons died on the spot and three succumbed to injuries at a hospital, he said.
The injured were taken to Jodhpur in an IAF helicopter, he said.
The deceased were identified as Jeet Kumar Limbu, Amreet Kumar, Mohan Khsetri, Prembahadur Rai and Prem Kumar, he said.
Defence spokesperson Col S D Goswamy said a court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video