Flood like situation in Bikaner district
Bikaner(Raj): Incessant rainfall has inundated many low-lying areas in the district, particularly in Kolayat area, disrupting the normal life.
Rains have been lashing the areas for the last two days and eight villages of Kolayat tehsil have been inundated, District Collector RD Goyal said on Friday.
People are facing difficulties and families are shifting to safer places from the low-lying areas which are facing flood like situation as roads have been damaged and water is seeping into houses.
Several thatched houses have been damaged and situation is alarming in Balan ka Goal, Khakhusar, Hadan, Khidasar, Neniya, Sankhlon Ki Basti, Siyana and Jhajhu villages.
The relief work has been started and people are being shifted to safe places while NGOs are also rendering their support, Goyal said.
According to sources, Kolayat region received 68 mm rainfall during the 24 hours till yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news