Flood like situation in Bikaner district
Bikaner(Raj): Incessant rainfall has inundated many low-lying areas in the district, particularly in Kolayat area, disrupting the normal life.
Rains have been lashing the areas for the last two days and eight villages of Kolayat tehsil have been inundated, District Collector RD Goyal said on Friday.
People are facing difficulties and families are shifting to safer places from the low-lying areas which are facing flood like situation as roads have been damaged and water is seeping into houses.
Several thatched houses have been damaged and situation is alarming in Balan ka Goal, Khakhusar, Hadan, Khidasar, Neniya, Sankhlon Ki Basti, Siyana and Jhajhu villages.
The relief work has been started and people are being shifted to safe places while NGOs are also rendering their support, Goyal said.
According to sources, Kolayat region received 68 mm rainfall during the 24 hours till yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India