Guj willing to host Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in 201
Jaipur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
on Monday expressed his preparedness to host the Pravasi Bhartiya
Divas in 2015 to commemorate the centenary of Mahatma Gandhi`s
return from South Africa.
Addressing the 10th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas here, Modi
said Gujarat was willing to host the 2015th session of the
"Gujarat should host the 2015 Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to
mark the centenary of Mahatma Gandhi’s return to India from
South Africa on January 9, 2015," he told the audience which
erupted into huge applause.
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated every year from
January 7 to 9 to mark the return of Gandhi from South Africa.
"Everyone should come to Gujarat to make the event a big
success," he said.
Modi also appealed to Overseas Indian Affairs Minister
Vayalar Ravi to announce the hosting of 2015 edition of
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’