Gujjars block Delhi-Jaipur tracks, 42 trains hit
Jaipur: Agitating Gujjars on Friday blocked
Delhi-Jaipur rail tracks at Bandikui in Dausa district,
affecting at least 42 trains enroute.
"A mob of Gujjars confronted with police and pelted
stones but the security forces controlled the situation.
However, they occupied railway tracks in Bandikui," Dausa
Superintendent of Police S Singh told PTI.
"Around 1,000 people are squatting on the rail tracks,"
Northwestern Railway spokesperson Lalit Bohra said Puja
Express arrived at Bandikui station at around 3 pm but was
sent back due to an incident in which a RPF vehicle damaged.
He informed that movement of 42 trains was affected in the
section and the situation is being reviewed.
Gujjars have already blocked the Delhi-Mumbai tracks
in Bharatpur, causing inconvenience to passengers.
A day-long bandh called by Gujjars in support of their
demand for five per cent reservation in government jobs also
hit vehicular traffic in Dausa district, with state buses
remaining off road.
Traffic on Dausa-Bharatpur highway was also affected.
Meanwhile in Mewar, Gujjars squatted at a railway
crossing near Golwara and stopped a train between Badi Sadari
Around 500 Gujjars, including women and children,
gathered at the level crossing and blocked the rail track, as
well as the road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH