Gujjars block Delhi-Jaipur tracks, 42 trains hit
Jaipur: Agitating Gujjars on Friday blocked
Delhi-Jaipur rail tracks at Bandikui in Dausa district,
affecting at least 42 trains enroute.
"A mob of Gujjars confronted with police and pelted
stones but the security forces controlled the situation.
However, they occupied railway tracks in Bandikui," Dausa
Superintendent of Police S Singh told PTI.
"Around 1,000 people are squatting on the rail tracks,"
Northwestern Railway spokesperson Lalit Bohra said Puja
Express arrived at Bandikui station at around 3 pm but was
sent back due to an incident in which a RPF vehicle damaged.
He informed that movement of 42 trains was affected in the
section and the situation is being reviewed.
Gujjars have already blocked the Delhi-Mumbai tracks
in Bharatpur, causing inconvenience to passengers.
A day-long bandh called by Gujjars in support of their
demand for five per cent reservation in government jobs also
hit vehicular traffic in Dausa district, with state buses
remaining off road.
Traffic on Dausa-Bharatpur highway was also affected.
Meanwhile in Mewar, Gujjars squatted at a railway
crossing near Golwara and stopped a train between Badi Sadari
Around 500 Gujjars, including women and children,
gathered at the level crossing and blocked the rail track, as
well as the road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31