Jaipur: Driver who drove away vehicle containing Rs one crore nabbed
Jaipur: After apprehending five members
of his family, police on Saturday arrested the driver of a private
security firm, who had sped away with a van containing over Rs
one crore, and recovered Rs one lakh from him.
"Mohan Jaiswal was arrested from Jalpaiguri district
in West Bengal by a team of Rajasthan Police. One lakh rupees
were recovered from him," DCP (Jaipur-South) Josh Mohan said
Police had already recovered over Rs 86 lakh from
Jaiswal`s family members who were arrested Thursday from their
hometown in West Bengal.
"The arrested driver told our team that the remaining
cash is with his family members. We are checking whether he
had deposited the money anywhere," the DCP said.
"The driver will be interrogated thoroughly once our
team arrives here with him," he said.
Jaiswal, employed with a private security firm, had
sped away with the van containing nearly Rs 1.11 crore, which
were to be deposited in different ATMs, Monday.
The vehicle and around Rs 15 lakh were recovered the
The driver was staying with his family in a rented
accommodation at Ajmer road here and had left it soon after
commission of the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer