JMRC seeks suggestions on metro facilities
Jaipur: The Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation has invited suggestions from people over a range of service related matters like facilities they expect at metro stations and the uniform in which they will like to see its staffers.
The corporation, through a consultation forum launched on its website, has sought to know from people as to how commercial activities and facilities be planned at stations.
"We want people to share with us their expectations from the metro, so we have invited their suggestions that how commercial space should be planned and used.
Shopping facilities, design and pattern of uniform for public dealing staff are among other factors we want to finalise with public opinion," CMD Jaipur Metro Nihal Chand Goyal said.
Public opinion about artwork at the stations also matters and suggestions on them have also been invited, he said.
The first phase of Jaipur metro project from Mansarover to Chandpole is expected to get operational in August this year.
The first lot of four coaches had arrived last month from Bangalore and necessary checks are going on.
Ten train sets of four coaches each are to be commissioned, and all the trains are likely to arrive here by October.
After the Mansarovar-Chandpole section, the Chandpole-Badi Chaupar is the next stretch on which work will be taken up at the second stage.
The total length of the East-West corridor (from Mansarovar to Badi Chaupar) is 12.06 km and the length of the Mansarovar-Chandpole section is 9.5 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket