Maderna remanded in custody till Dec 24
Jodhpur: A CBI court here on Monday remanded
former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi
in judicial custody till December 24 in the Bhanwari Devi case
They were produced before the local CBI court where
magistrate Jagdish Jyani remanded them in judicial custody.
Maderna was arrested on December 2 in Jodhpur by the CBI
along with Bishnoi, the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
after it filed charge sheet against three other arrested
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1 and her husband
Amarchand alleged that she was abducted at the behest of
Maderna. The CBI has also arrested Amar Chand on charges of
not cooperating with the investigation.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the sensational case
while two accused Sahiram and Bishnaram are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?