Maderna remanded in custody till Dec 24
Jodhpur: A CBI court here on Monday remanded
former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi
in judicial custody till December 24 in the Bhanwari Devi case
They were produced before the local CBI court where
magistrate Jagdish Jyani remanded them in judicial custody.
Maderna was arrested on December 2 in Jodhpur by the CBI
along with Bishnoi, the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
after it filed charge sheet against three other arrested
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1 and her husband
Amarchand alleged that she was abducted at the behest of
Maderna. The CBI has also arrested Amar Chand on charges of
not cooperating with the investigation.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the sensational case
while two accused Sahiram and Bishnaram are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam