Maderna remanded in custody till Dec 24
Jodhpur: A CBI court here on Monday remanded
former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi
in judicial custody till December 24 in the Bhanwari Devi case
They were produced before the local CBI court where
magistrate Jagdish Jyani remanded them in judicial custody.
Maderna was arrested on December 2 in Jodhpur by the CBI
along with Bishnoi, the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
after it filed charge sheet against three other arrested
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1 and her husband
Amarchand alleged that she was abducted at the behest of
Maderna. The CBI has also arrested Amar Chand on charges of
not cooperating with the investigation.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the sensational case
while two accused Sahiram and Bishnaram are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why