NCM for proper enforcement of minority welfare policies in Raj
Jaipur: National Commission for Minorities (NCM) Wednesday said the programmes and policies for the welfare of minority need to be implemented in a more effective manner in Rajasthan.
Reviewing implementation of Prime Minister`s 15-point programme for welfare of minorities here, NCM vice president H T Sangliana said the state has done work for the welfare of minority communities, but still it requires improvement for which the government should expedite its functioning.
He said the members of the state minority commission should carry out studies in different states and prepare a report so that minorities could be benefited in a proper manner.
He also laid stress upon creating awareness and publicity of minority related welfare schemes and programmes at large scale.
The importance of family planning among the community was also highlighted in the meeting.
State Minority Commission Chairperson Mahir Azad, Chief Secretary C K Mathew were among others present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft