NCM for proper enforcement of minority welfare policies in Raj
Jaipur: National Commission for Minorities (NCM) Wednesday said the programmes and policies for the welfare of minority need to be implemented in a more effective manner in Rajasthan.
Reviewing implementation of Prime Minister`s 15-point programme for welfare of minorities here, NCM vice president H T Sangliana said the state has done work for the welfare of minority communities, but still it requires improvement for which the government should expedite its functioning.
He said the members of the state minority commission should carry out studies in different states and prepare a report so that minorities could be benefited in a proper manner.
He also laid stress upon creating awareness and publicity of minority related welfare schemes and programmes at large scale.
The importance of family planning among the community was also highlighted in the meeting.
State Minority Commission Chairperson Mahir Azad, Chief Secretary C K Mathew were among others present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray