NCM for proper enforcement of minority welfare policies in Raj
Jaipur: National Commission for Minorities (NCM) Wednesday said the programmes and policies for the welfare of minority need to be implemented in a more effective manner in Rajasthan.
Reviewing implementation of Prime Minister`s 15-point programme for welfare of minorities here, NCM vice president H T Sangliana said the state has done work for the welfare of minority communities, but still it requires improvement for which the government should expedite its functioning.
He said the members of the state minority commission should carry out studies in different states and prepare a report so that minorities could be benefited in a proper manner.
He also laid stress upon creating awareness and publicity of minority related welfare schemes and programmes at large scale.
The importance of family planning among the community was also highlighted in the meeting.
State Minority Commission Chairperson Mahir Azad, Chief Secretary C K Mathew were among others present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players