New Rajasthan Mahila Congress President appointed
Jaipur: Shakuntala Rawat was on Monday appointed President of Rajasthan Pradesh Mahila Congress, a party spokespersons said here.
Rawat, till now the vice-president of Mahila Congress and secretary of PCC, has replaced Vijay Laxmi Vishnoi, spokesperson Archna Sharma said.
Rawat said that her priority will to ensure that women of all the classes are given proper representation.
"Women from all the classes will be associated with the party and the Mahila Congress will be strengthen at block level," she said.
Vishnoi`s 3-year term had expired long back, Sharma said.
The announcement was made by AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi in Delhi this afternoon, Sharma said.
Rawat had lost Bansur Assembly seat to BJP candidate Rohitashaw Sharma in 2008 polls.
However, Rawat, having hold on Gurjar community, represented Bansur Zila Parishad as its elected representative before joining the state level politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city