Nine drown in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nine people, including eight minors,
drowned in two separate incidents in the Jawai river in Rajasthan`s Jalore district, police said here Wednesday.
Eight boys, aged between 10-17 years, were taking bath in
the river at two separate places near Keshot and Dangra
village yesterday when the mishap occurred, they said, adding
a man who came to their rescue at Keshot, also drowned.
Six bodies were fished out till late last night and two
fished out this morning, they said.
The deceased were identified as Mahendra, Tan Singh,
Kishan, Ramesh, Ramaram, Lehraram, Sanwata Ram and Naayaram,
police said, adding that efforts were on to locate the body of
the one remaining person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?