Nine drown in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nine people, including eight minors,
drowned in two separate incidents in the Jawai river in Rajasthan`s Jalore district, police said here Wednesday.
Eight boys, aged between 10-17 years, were taking bath in
the river at two separate places near Keshot and Dangra
village yesterday when the mishap occurred, they said, adding
a man who came to their rescue at Keshot, also drowned.
Six bodies were fished out till late last night and two
fished out this morning, they said.
The deceased were identified as Mahendra, Tan Singh,
Kishan, Ramesh, Ramaram, Lehraram, Sanwata Ram and Naayaram,
police said, adding that efforts were on to locate the body of
the one remaining person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional