Nine drown in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nine people, including eight minors,
drowned in two separate incidents in the Jawai river in Rajasthan`s Jalore district, police said here Wednesday.
Eight boys, aged between 10-17 years, were taking bath in
the river at two separate places near Keshot and Dangra
village yesterday when the mishap occurred, they said, adding
a man who came to their rescue at Keshot, also drowned.
Six bodies were fished out till late last night and two
fished out this morning, they said.
The deceased were identified as Mahendra, Tan Singh,
Kishan, Ramesh, Ramaram, Lehraram, Sanwata Ram and Naayaram,
police said, adding that efforts were on to locate the body of
the one remaining person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics