Nine drown in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nine people, including eight minors,
drowned in two separate incidents in the Jawai river in Rajasthan`s Jalore district, police said here Wednesday.
Eight boys, aged between 10-17 years, were taking bath in
the river at two separate places near Keshot and Dangra
village yesterday when the mishap occurred, they said, adding
a man who came to their rescue at Keshot, also drowned.
Six bodies were fished out till late last night and two
fished out this morning, they said.
The deceased were identified as Mahendra, Tan Singh,
Kishan, Ramesh, Ramaram, Lehraram, Sanwata Ram and Naayaram,
police said, adding that efforts were on to locate the body of
the one remaining person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda