Nine drown in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nine people, including eight minors,
drowned in two separate incidents in the Jawai river in Rajasthan`s Jalore district, police said here Wednesday.
Eight boys, aged between 10-17 years, were taking bath in
the river at two separate places near Keshot and Dangra
village yesterday when the mishap occurred, they said, adding
a man who came to their rescue at Keshot, also drowned.
Six bodies were fished out till late last night and two
fished out this morning, they said.
The deceased were identified as Mahendra, Tan Singh,
Kishan, Ramesh, Ramaram, Lehraram, Sanwata Ram and Naayaram,
police said, adding that efforts were on to locate the body of
the one remaining person.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed