No political motive behind reducing security cover: Govt
Jaipur: Under attack from BJP for downsizing
former Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje`s security, Rajasthan
government said here tonight that there was no political
motive behind the action.
"Security cover of Raje was downsized after review by a
high-level committee appointed for this particular work and it
was decided on January 24 this year," an official release said
"When Raje became chief Minister in October 2003, her
government had downsized security cover of Ashok Gehlot from
from Z to Y category within 25 days on January 2, 2004 but no
Congress leader including Gehlot had criticized the move. Now,
BJP is crying over the decision which is purely based on
the committee`s review," the release said.
"Her security cover was downsized after 15 months of
Congress government in the state but the BJP government had
removed security of Gehlot in hardly 25 days", it said.
Review of security cover for public representatives is
done by a high-level committee appointed for this from time to
time. This is a normal course of action, the release added.
Rajasthan government downsized the security cover of
from Z plus to Y category and orders were issued last week.
Meanwhile, Raje said if any untoward incident happens
due to lack of security for her, the state government would
be responsible for it.
"If the government desires, the Y category security
cover can also be withdrawn but the government would be
responsible for any problem encountered by me due to reduced
security cover. I have already said that I will remain in
public to serve them and ," Raje told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH