No political motive behind reducing security cover: Govt
Jaipur: Under attack from BJP for downsizing
former Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje`s security, Rajasthan
government said here tonight that there was no political
motive behind the action.
"Security cover of Raje was downsized after review by a
high-level committee appointed for this particular work and it
was decided on January 24 this year," an official release said
"When Raje became chief Minister in October 2003, her
government had downsized security cover of Ashok Gehlot from
from Z to Y category within 25 days on January 2, 2004 but no
Congress leader including Gehlot had criticized the move. Now,
BJP is crying over the decision which is purely based on
the committee`s review," the release said.
"Her security cover was downsized after 15 months of
Congress government in the state but the BJP government had
removed security of Gehlot in hardly 25 days", it said.
Review of security cover for public representatives is
done by a high-level committee appointed for this from time to
time. This is a normal course of action, the release added.
Rajasthan government downsized the security cover of
from Z plus to Y category and orders were issued last week.
Meanwhile, Raje said if any untoward incident happens
due to lack of security for her, the state government would
be responsible for it.
"If the government desires, the Y category security
cover can also be withdrawn but the government would be
responsible for any problem encountered by me due to reduced
security cover. I have already said that I will remain in
public to serve them and ," Raje told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job