Rail roko: Train services partly hit in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Activists of BJP Kisan Morcha on Tuesday
partially disrupted rail services in Rajasthan in response to
the Rail Roko call given by the Morcha, demanding
implementation of the recommendations of the MS Swaminathan
Committee report and Rs 500 bonus per quintal on wheat.
The activists stopped trains in Jaipur, Hanumangarh,
Makrana, Kota, Hindaun and Udaipur and held protest
demonstrations at various places.
However, there was no report of any untoward incident from
anywhere in the state, police said, adding that over 60
activists courted arrest in Kishangarh-Ajmer when they were
stopped from disrupting train movement.
Three FIRs were registered with GRP for disturbing rail
movement in Jaipur, Alwar and Sri Ganganar so far, an NWR
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC