Rail roko: Train services partly hit in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Activists of BJP Kisan Morcha on Tuesday
partially disrupted rail services in Rajasthan in response to
the Rail Roko call given by the Morcha, demanding
implementation of the recommendations of the MS Swaminathan
Committee report and Rs 500 bonus per quintal on wheat.
The activists stopped trains in Jaipur, Hanumangarh,
Makrana, Kota, Hindaun and Udaipur and held protest
demonstrations at various places.
However, there was no report of any untoward incident from
anywhere in the state, police said, adding that over 60
activists courted arrest in Kishangarh-Ajmer when they were
stopped from disrupting train movement.
Three FIRs were registered with GRP for disturbing rail
movement in Jaipur, Alwar and Sri Ganganar so far, an NWR
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split