Rail roko: Train services partly hit in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Activists of BJP Kisan Morcha on Tuesday
partially disrupted rail services in Rajasthan in response to
the Rail Roko call given by the Morcha, demanding
implementation of the recommendations of the MS Swaminathan
Committee report and Rs 500 bonus per quintal on wheat.
The activists stopped trains in Jaipur, Hanumangarh,
Makrana, Kota, Hindaun and Udaipur and held protest
demonstrations at various places.
However, there was no report of any untoward incident from
anywhere in the state, police said, adding that over 60
activists courted arrest in Kishangarh-Ajmer when they were
stopped from disrupting train movement.
Three FIRs were registered with GRP for disturbing rail
movement in Jaipur, Alwar and Sri Ganganar so far, an NWR
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Bus falls into ditch in Bihar's Nawada, 28 injured
- Pullela Gopichand is good, but we will find a better coach for PV Sindhu: Telangana deputy CM Mohammed Mahmood Ali
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth