Raj CM for contingency plans as monsoon delayed
Jaipur: In view of delay in monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today directed officials to prepare contingency plans for departments of water and power, agriculture, animal husbandry and rural development.
Chairing a meeting of disaster management authority, he asked the officials to ensure that works under MGNREGA, fodder to cattle and water supply were not affected.
It was informed in the meeting that monsoon is likely to enter the desert state next week.
He asked the officials of the departments concerned to prepare contingency plan in view of the delay in monsoon, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad