Raj CM for contingency plans as monsoon delayed
Jaipur: In view of delay in monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today directed officials to prepare contingency plans for departments of water and power, agriculture, animal husbandry and rural development.
Chairing a meeting of disaster management authority, he asked the officials to ensure that works under MGNREGA, fodder to cattle and water supply were not affected.
It was informed in the meeting that monsoon is likely to enter the desert state next week.
He asked the officials of the departments concerned to prepare contingency plan in view of the delay in monsoon, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death