Raj CM for contingency plans as monsoon delayed
Jaipur: In view of delay in monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today directed officials to prepare contingency plans for departments of water and power, agriculture, animal husbandry and rural development.
Chairing a meeting of disaster management authority, he asked the officials to ensure that works under MGNREGA, fodder to cattle and water supply were not affected.
It was informed in the meeting that monsoon is likely to enter the desert state next week.
He asked the officials of the departments concerned to prepare contingency plan in view of the delay in monsoon, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends