Raj CM for contingency plans as monsoon delayed
Jaipur: In view of delay in monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today directed officials to prepare contingency plans for departments of water and power, agriculture, animal husbandry and rural development.
Chairing a meeting of disaster management authority, he asked the officials to ensure that works under MGNREGA, fodder to cattle and water supply were not affected.
It was informed in the meeting that monsoon is likely to enter the desert state next week.
He asked the officials of the departments concerned to prepare contingency plan in view of the delay in monsoon, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees