Raj CM for contingency plans as monsoon delayed
Jaipur: In view of delay in monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today directed officials to prepare contingency plans for departments of water and power, agriculture, animal husbandry and rural development.
Chairing a meeting of disaster management authority, he asked the officials to ensure that works under MGNREGA, fodder to cattle and water supply were not affected.
It was informed in the meeting that monsoon is likely to enter the desert state next week.
He asked the officials of the departments concerned to prepare contingency plan in view of the delay in monsoon, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'