Raj Govt launches scheme to woo NRIs
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday launched a scheme aimed at making the young Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) familiarise with the culture and traditions of their native state.
Under the `Jaane Apna Rajasthan` (Know your Rajasthan) scheme, announced by the Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot during Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas 2012 in January this year, selected NRIs living abroad will visit the state in the month of December.
"The NRIs will be taken around historical places, tourist attractions, sanctuaries, famous educational institutions, ancestral villages and major industrial projects," Rajiv Arora, Vice Chairman, Rajasthan Foundation, told reporters here after unveiling the scheme brochure here.
For this purpose, a batch of around 20 NRIs living abroad will be selected by a state level Committee, headed by Principal Secretary, Industries and NRIs.
Arora said that the scheme, the details of which can be obtained from the Rajasthan Foundation website, was not only unique and innovative but also the first of its kind in the country.
The state government will provide boarding, lodging, food and internal transport facilities free of cost besides reimbursement of 90 per cent of air fare and 100 per cent visa free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble