Raj Govt launches scheme to woo NRIs
Jaipur: Rajasthan government on Monday launched a scheme aimed at making the young Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) familiarise with the culture and traditions of their native state.
Under the `Jaane Apna Rajasthan` (Know your Rajasthan) scheme, announced by the Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot during Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas 2012 in January this year, selected NRIs living abroad will visit the state in the month of December.
"The NRIs will be taken around historical places, tourist attractions, sanctuaries, famous educational institutions, ancestral villages and major industrial projects," Rajiv Arora, Vice Chairman, Rajasthan Foundation, told reporters here after unveiling the scheme brochure here.
For this purpose, a batch of around 20 NRIs living abroad will be selected by a state level Committee, headed by Principal Secretary, Industries and NRIs.
Arora said that the scheme, the details of which can be obtained from the Rajasthan Foundation website, was not only unique and innovative but also the first of its kind in the country.
The state government will provide boarding, lodging, food and internal transport facilities free of cost besides reimbursement of 90 per cent of air fare and 100 per cent visa free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why