Rajasthan Assembly adjourned over land allotment to Vadra
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly was adjourned today after stormy scenes erupted over alleged anomalies in allotment of land to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in Bikaner district.
BJP`s Digambar Singh, while speaking about grants, commented on Vadra`s land deals in Rajasthan.
Government whip Raghu Sharma said no allegations can be levelled against a person (Vadra) who is not part of the House.
This was followed by charges and counter-charges between government and opposition, following which Speaker adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled, pandemonium broke out again. The Speaker requested members to maintain decorum, but after members failed to maintain order, adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy