Rajasthan Assembly adjourned over land allotment to Vadra
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly was adjourned today after stormy scenes erupted over alleged anomalies in allotment of land to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in Bikaner district.
BJP`s Digambar Singh, while speaking about grants, commented on Vadra`s land deals in Rajasthan.
Government whip Raghu Sharma said no allegations can be levelled against a person (Vadra) who is not part of the House.
This was followed by charges and counter-charges between government and opposition, following which Speaker adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled, pandemonium broke out again. The Speaker requested members to maintain decorum, but after members failed to maintain order, adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth