Rajasthan Assembly adjourned over land allotment to Vadra
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly was adjourned today after stormy scenes erupted over alleged anomalies in allotment of land to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in Bikaner district.
BJP`s Digambar Singh, while speaking about grants, commented on Vadra`s land deals in Rajasthan.
Government whip Raghu Sharma said no allegations can be levelled against a person (Vadra) who is not part of the House.
This was followed by charges and counter-charges between government and opposition, following which Speaker adjourned the House for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled, pandemonium broke out again. The Speaker requested members to maintain decorum, but after members failed to maintain order, adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka