Rajasthan: Baby girl Damini taken off ventilator
Jaipur: One-month-old baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, was on Tuesday taken off the ventilator after she showed signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"Her condition is improving gradually so she was removed from ventilator today and doctors are keeping watch to check whether she is able to sustain the improvement," Pratim Tamboli, Director, Fortis Hospital, Jaipur, said.
He said the infant was breathing with some comfort as compared to yesterday.
"We have removed the girl from ventilator but next 24 hours are still important as her condition is not out of danger," Dr J K Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The underweight and anemic baby, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her mother`s death, was shifted to hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
Mittal had said yesterday, "Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic."
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light, people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear Damini`s medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH