Rajasthan: Baby girl Damini taken off ventilator
Jaipur: One-month-old baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, was on Tuesday taken off the ventilator after she showed signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"Her condition is improving gradually so she was removed from ventilator today and doctors are keeping watch to check whether she is able to sustain the improvement," Pratim Tamboli, Director, Fortis Hospital, Jaipur, said.
He said the infant was breathing with some comfort as compared to yesterday.
"We have removed the girl from ventilator but next 24 hours are still important as her condition is not out of danger," Dr J K Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The underweight and anemic baby, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her mother`s death, was shifted to hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
Mittal had said yesterday, "Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic."
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light, people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear Damini`s medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!