Rajasthan: Baby girl Damini taken off ventilator
Jaipur: One-month-old baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, was on Tuesday taken off the ventilator after she showed signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"Her condition is improving gradually so she was removed from ventilator today and doctors are keeping watch to check whether she is able to sustain the improvement," Pratim Tamboli, Director, Fortis Hospital, Jaipur, said.
He said the infant was breathing with some comfort as compared to yesterday.
"We have removed the girl from ventilator but next 24 hours are still important as her condition is not out of danger," Dr J K Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The underweight and anemic baby, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her mother`s death, was shifted to hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
Mittal had said yesterday, "Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic."
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light, people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear Damini`s medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday