Rajasthan govt plans joint campaign to rein in illegal miners
Jaipur: A month-long joint campaign will be launched to check the illegal mining menace in Rajasthan from February 3.
The campaign will be conducted by officials from Police, Forest and Environment, Mines, and Transport departments, and will be monitored at the state level by DIG (Vigilance) of the Mines Department.
It was decided here today at a review meeting of the Mines Department, chaired by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
The Chief Minister directed officials to curb illegal mining in the state, and asked district collectors to supervise the campaign in their respective district.
Raje also asked officials to start courses related to mining in ITIs and polytechnic institutions for making youths employable in the sector, according to a spokesperson.
She reviewed the subsidy to people living in periphery of Sariska and Ranthambhore parks for purchasing LPG connections, and gave directions on completion of works related with water conservation and other projects.
The department also made a presentation to apprise the CM of the works to be taken under the two-month action plan.
Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehirshi, ACS (Forest) O P Meena, Principal Secretary (Finance) Subhas Garg, and other senior officers were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown