Rajasthan govt turns to Facebook to reach out to people
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is using social networking site `Facebook` to publicise its programmes and policies and ensure timely redressal of public grievances.
"Widely used social networking site today is the platform with greater reach among people, even in rural areas, so it was decided to use it," Lokesh Sharma, the member of State Public Grievances Committee, said today.
"It is not only to publicise the schemes and programmes, but also to help people in getting their grievance redressed to some extent," Sharma, who created `Apka Mukhyamantri` page on Facebook for the government, said.
Whatever suggestions, complaint, and queries we receive through the page, are conveyed to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf