Rajasthan govt turns to Facebook to reach out to people
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is using social networking site `Facebook` to publicise its programmes and policies and ensure timely redressal of public grievances.
"Widely used social networking site today is the platform with greater reach among people, even in rural areas, so it was decided to use it," Lokesh Sharma, the member of State Public Grievances Committee, said today.
"It is not only to publicise the schemes and programmes, but also to help people in getting their grievance redressed to some extent," Sharma, who created `Apka Mukhyamantri` page on Facebook for the government, said.
Whatever suggestions, complaint, and queries we receive through the page, are conveyed to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters