Rajasthan govt turns to Facebook to reach out to people
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is using social networking site `Facebook` to publicise its programmes and policies and ensure timely redressal of public grievances.
"Widely used social networking site today is the platform with greater reach among people, even in rural areas, so it was decided to use it," Lokesh Sharma, the member of State Public Grievances Committee, said today.
"It is not only to publicise the schemes and programmes, but also to help people in getting their grievance redressed to some extent," Sharma, who created `Apka Mukhyamantri` page on Facebook for the government, said.
Whatever suggestions, complaint, and queries we receive through the page, are conveyed to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown