Rajasthan govt turns to Facebook to reach out to people
Jaipur: Rajasthan government is using social networking site `Facebook` to publicise its programmes and policies and ensure timely redressal of public grievances.
"Widely used social networking site today is the platform with greater reach among people, even in rural areas, so it was decided to use it," Lokesh Sharma, the member of State Public Grievances Committee, said today.
"It is not only to publicise the schemes and programmes, but also to help people in getting their grievance redressed to some extent," Sharma, who created `Apka Mukhyamantri` page on Facebook for the government, said.
Whatever suggestions, complaint, and queries we receive through the page, are conveyed to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference