Raje elected BJP legislature party leader
Jaipur: Former Chief Minister Vasundhara
Raje was today elected unopposed as the Leader of BJP
Legislature Party in Rajasthan.
Raje`s election as BJP Legislature Party Leader was
announced by senior leader Venkaiah Naidu after her name was
proposed by MLA Nand Lal Meena and approved by the rest of the
legislators at a meeting of party MLAs here.
Raje`s election paves the way for her reinstatement as
the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, a post she had
to relinquish following the party`s poor show in Assembly and
Lok Sabha polls.
Her name will now be forwarded to the Speaker D S
Shekhawat who will formally announce her as the Leader of
Opposition in the state Assembly.
Apart from Naidu, senior party leaders Kirit Somaiya and
Kaptan Singh Solanki also attended the meeting.
Soon after her elction to the post, Raje said she will
fulfil the responsibilty with the support of all.
A large number of her supporters were present at the BJP
office where the meeting was held.
Raje had to step down as the Leader of Opposition last
year after party`s central leadership asked her to quit in the
wake of party`s poor performance in Assembly and Parliamentary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'