Raje elected BJP legislature party leader
Jaipur: Former Chief Minister Vasundhara
Raje was today elected unopposed as the Leader of BJP
Legislature Party in Rajasthan.
Raje`s election as BJP Legislature Party Leader was
announced by senior leader Venkaiah Naidu after her name was
proposed by MLA Nand Lal Meena and approved by the rest of the
legislators at a meeting of party MLAs here.
Raje`s election paves the way for her reinstatement as
the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, a post she had
to relinquish following the party`s poor show in Assembly and
Lok Sabha polls.
Her name will now be forwarded to the Speaker D S
Shekhawat who will formally announce her as the Leader of
Opposition in the state Assembly.
Apart from Naidu, senior party leaders Kirit Somaiya and
Kaptan Singh Solanki also attended the meeting.
Soon after her elction to the post, Raje said she will
fulfil the responsibilty with the support of all.
A large number of her supporters were present at the BJP
office where the meeting was held.
Raje had to step down as the Leader of Opposition last
year after party`s central leadership asked her to quit in the
wake of party`s poor performance in Assembly and Parliamentary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail