Raje looted Rajasthan during her tenure: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday accused the BJP state president Vasundhara Raje of misleading people of the state during her `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`.
Addressing a public meeting in the third phase of Congress` `Sandesh Yatra` in Shahpura area in the district, Gehlot claimed that Raje during her tenure as Chief Minister "looted" the state and is now misleading people.
"She does not know the meaning of Suraj but is taking out Suraj Sankalp Yatra. She looted every section of society and people should need to remain alert of such people," Gehlot said.
Mukul Wasnik, Congress` state in-charge for political affairs, described Raje as an "arrogant" person.
"Good governance is our agenda. We provided relief to all sections of society but bullets were fired at farmers during her rule," he said.
Earlier in the day, Gehlot, at PCC office, alleged that Raje patronised corruption and Supreme Court as well as the state High Court did not give her clean chit over corruption charges.
"Raje patronised corruption during her rule and the allegations were levelled by her own party leaders. The court had directed the state government to hand over all the cases to Lokayukta, which we have done," Gehlot told reporters.
"The corruption allegations against Raje came from her own party leaders, we just got it probed as we wanted to bring truth in front of the people. During her rule, she troubled her ministers` like Narpat Singh Rajvi, Ghanshayam Tiwari, Gulab Chand Kataria and Ajaypal Singh on land related issues," he said.
Meanwhile, in Pratapgarh district, Raje attacked the Congress government and accused the Chief Minister of misleading public with false promises.
She said that the government has no vision and no will to fulfil promises.
The former chief minister alleged that law and order situation in the state deteriorated during the Congress rule and cases of atrocities against women have shot up.
The state BJP accused the Chief Minister of "giving undue favours to the companies associated to his relatives".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference