Rising mercury gives respite from cold in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury continued to rise in Rajasthan giving respite to people from cold conditions in the desert state, specially during day hours, a MeT report said.
Mount Abu was the coldest place with a minimum temperature of 6 degrees Celsius, while Churu in plains recorded a minimum temperature of 9.2 degrees Celsiuss
The night temperature varied between 10 and 15.3 degrees Celsius at most places including Jaipur, Ajmer, Barmer, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Kota, Ganganagar, and Udaipur.
With passing of a weak western disturbance, Pilani received drizzles last night, a MeT report said.
About a dozen trains of North Western Railways were running late due to fog in adjoining states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Delhi, an official said.
The day temperature in most cities picked up by one to three degrees Celsius yesterday and it was in the range of 25 to 27 degrees Celsius.
According to the MeT forecast, no major change in the weather conditions in next 24 hours is expected despite the movement of the western disturbance passing through the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video