Scolded by mother, boy commits suicide in Jaipur
Jaipur: An 11-year-old boy Saturday committed suicide by hanging himself using his mother`s sari in Rajasthan`s Bikaner town after he was scolded for skipping school, police said.
The incident took place in Naya Shahar area, some 300 km from Jaipur.
"It seems to be a case of suicide. Vishal Kumar, a student of Class 4, skipped school today (Saturday) following which his mother, Jyoti Devi, scolded him. She left to buy vegetables from the market, and in the meantime, Vishal hanged himself," said police inspector Daraja Ram.
The mother found her son hanging when she returned after about half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand