Step up vigil to maintain communal harmony: Gehlot to officers
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today asked senior district and police officers to step up vigil to maintain communal peace in the state.
In a video-conference with top district and police officers, he asked them to improve vigilance and monitoring, particularly during the festival season, and to deal strictly with elements attempting to vitiate the communal atmosphere.
"Communalism will not be tolerated at any cost," he told Divisional Commissioners, District Collectors, IGPs, Police Commissioners and SPs.
Pointing out possible misuse of social networking sites and web platform for disturbing communal harmony, the CM asked the officers to give proper attention to this aspect.
Chief Secretary C K Mathew asked the District Collectors and SPs to conduct joint visits to different areas and talk to locals to build confidence among people.
Gehlot also took feedback from District Collectors about implementation of various flagship programmes and schemes and asked them to ensure that beneficiaries get all the advantage.
In another round of video-conferencing, Gehlot discussed issues related to power, roads and agriculture among others with District Collectors.
The CM said the government would made all possible efforts to provide electricity to farmers during the Rabi season, and directed the Collectors to hold weekly meetings to monitor the power situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez