Three held with illegal arms in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Three youths were arrested allegedly with over 50 illegal pistols besides a large amount of cartridges in Rajasthan`s Kota district.
On a tip-off, Hemant Khinchi, Narendra Lohar and Shrawan Singh were arrested near the Borkheda police station last night, police said.
Fourty-two pistols, 14 country made pistols two revolvers and 172 live cartridges were seized from their possession, they said.
According to police, the trio was smuggling the arms in a state roadways bus from Madhya Pradesh to Rajasthan.
"They had boarded a bus from Baran, MP and were caught after a check was carried out near the Borkheda police station here. The firearms and ammunition were found inside three bags," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH