Three held with illegal arms in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Three youths were arrested allegedly with over 50 illegal pistols besides a large amount of cartridges in Rajasthan`s Kota district.
On a tip-off, Hemant Khinchi, Narendra Lohar and Shrawan Singh were arrested near the Borkheda police station last night, police said.
Fourty-two pistols, 14 country made pistols two revolvers and 172 live cartridges were seized from their possession, they said.
According to police, the trio was smuggling the arms in a state roadways bus from Madhya Pradesh to Rajasthan.
"They had boarded a bus from Baran, MP and were caught after a check was carried out near the Borkheda police station here. The firearms and ammunition were found inside three bags," police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way