Three held with illegal arms in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Three youths were arrested allegedly with over 50 illegal pistols besides a large amount of cartridges in Rajasthan`s Kota district.
On a tip-off, Hemant Khinchi, Narendra Lohar and Shrawan Singh were arrested near the Borkheda police station last night, police said.
Fourty-two pistols, 14 country made pistols two revolvers and 172 live cartridges were seized from their possession, they said.
According to police, the trio was smuggling the arms in a state roadways bus from Madhya Pradesh to Rajasthan.
"They had boarded a bus from Baran, MP and were caught after a check was carried out near the Borkheda police station here. The firearms and ammunition were found inside three bags," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok